Mayne Pharma Group Limited and its Australian subsidiaries, Mayne Pharma International Pty Ltd, Mayne Products Pty Ltd and Mayne Pharma Ventures Pty Ltd (Mayne Pharma) collects, uses, stores and discloses personal information. We generally collect personal information from the individual themselves or we may possibly collect personal information from a third party.
Collecting Personal Information
Mayne Pharma will collect personal information if it is reasonably necessary for the purpose of carrying out the functions and activities of its business including to:
- develop, manufacture, import, distribute, sell and promote pharmaceutical products and services;
- direct marketing communications to customers;
- undertake research and development;
- administer and manage its business such as paying invoices and travel arrangements;
- handle customer inquiries and complaints;
- comply with regulatory requirements; and
- assess job applicants.
Consequences of not providing personal information
Failing to provide Mayne Pharma with certain personal information means that, potentially, we may not be able to provide the relevant product or service to the individual concerned or not be able to adequately deal with complaints. It may also affect our ability to properly consider the suitability of a job applicant or labour hire.
Disclosing personal information
In line with modern business practices and to meet individuals' specific needs, we may disclose personal information to the organisations described below.
The relevant organisations include:
- contractors to whom we have outsourced some of our functions (eg. product complaints handling and marketing)
- our advisers (including our accountants, auditors and lawyers)
- government and regulatory authorities in Australia or overseas
- organisations if required or authorised by or under and Australian law or court/tribunal order
- organisations involved in a transfer or sale or our assets or business
- organisations involved in managing our corporate risk
- organisation involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems and websites, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems
- organisations involved in managing, validating or administering an individual’s application, employment or engagement such as third party suppliers, assessment agencies, organisations providing education and training, professional associations and counsellors
- organisations involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations
- our related companies including those located in the USA
- an individual's representatives (e.g. their authorised personal representatives or their legal advisers)
Because we operate throughout Australia and overseas, some disclosures may occur outside the Australian state or territory in which an individual is resident including overseas. Overseas recipients to whom we may potentially disclose personal information are located in the USA, Europe, Asia and New Zealand.
Access and complaints
Individuals may ask any questions about privacy and the way we manage personal information or obtain a form requesting access to personal information by:
- writing to Privacy Officer, Mayne Pharma, Level 14, 474 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia or
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- calling us on +61 8 8209 2666